Self-Love: 31 Positive Affirmations for July
When I sat down to write these affirmations - I normally do most of them in one or two big batches, and also add in other ones that come to me out of nowhere as and when they do - I really felt quite blocked. Rather than stare at a blank page, I went back re-read some of the positive affirmations I wrote for this challenge and you know, it helped release so much of the negative thinking I was having relating to why I couldn't come up with 31 positive affirmations in one go.
It was a helpful reminder that positive affirmation works. It really does. Thinking and saying positive statements out loud or in your head is so effective at getting your brain to slow down with the negative thoughts, take a breath and let some positivity ease the doubt or fear.
It doesn't always work like this, but after reading some of the daily affirmations I've already shared with you in this year of daily positive affirmations challenge, I felt my mindset change and shift, and I felt ready to write a handful of positive things I needed to hear right in that moment.
Daily Positive Affirmations for July
So that's what you're going to read below here. These affirmations are very much influenced with where my head is at right now, and that's a very different place from where I was at in the beginning of the year. I am very busy with writing. I have one book with an editor, and another two books in first draft mode, and four more books in the planning too - yes, four! I don't want to go into too much more detail at this stage but something feels very different about these new books; they feel much more real, much more doable and much more exciting than the other story ideas I've had in the past. As wonderful a feeling as this is. It's also terrifying, terrifying!
This excitement and fear is evident in these affirmations, as are some nods to some serious personal growth that I feel happening right now. It's strange being very alert and aware to big shifts in the way I think and feel, but I am grateful for this new kind of mindfulness I am bringing to it. And I"m grateful to life being a bit more normal right now so I have more time and energy to explore it all.
Anyway, enough vague explaining from me. Let's dive straight into the affirmations after I share some links to articles and more positive affirmations that may help you if you're really new to this or if you're struggling with something specific right now.
Find all the affirmations I shared for January, February, March, April, May and June all via those links. And you can read lists of 100 daily positive affirmations here, 50 positive affirmations for depression, affirmations for anxiety, 100 healing affirmations, and why all writers should try affirmation. I also share near-daily affirmations on my Instagram pages: @asthebirdfliesblog & @writenowcards.
Remember you don't need 100 affirmations to change how you think and feel, sometimes - no, often - only one or two are enough. Just stay loyal to them and yourself when you repeat them and return to them in the future so your brain gets the positive message you want to send to it.
Now, let's get our affirmation on...
- There is always room for hope in my heart.
- I do not censor myself.
- I always have permission to change.
- I am not a burden.
- My body is not a temple. It is a body, made of love, and here to take me through life.
- I do what I can so my hopes and expectations align.
- Productivity is not a measure of my self-worth.
- Courage lives inside me.
- There is no limit to the compassion I can show myself.
- I lean into the uncertainty that underpins all parts of life.
- Once I identify a negative thought, I release my hold on it and set it free.
- The stories I tell myself about myself are the ones with real power. I use that power mindfully.
- I do not let what I don't know stop me from continuing to learn.
- I stay open to feeling peace and calm whenever I need to.
- Good things are happening all the time, all over the world.
- My truths are bigger and brighter than anyone else's illusions about me.
- I celebrate myself, just as I am.
- I give myself room to grow.
- I focus more on what others can teach me rather than what I already know.
- It is an honour to (re)connect with people I love.
- I have an endless capacity for love both as a giver and recipient.
- There is magic in being my true self.
- I promise my future self love, forgiveness and compassion.
- I treasure slow days and high energy days equally.
- Being an effective ally is important to me.
- Confidence is a bridge between myself and the success I want to enjoy.
- My creativity is sometimes a beautiful mystery to me.
- The work I do tomorrow will always benefit from the work I do today.
- I lean on those who offer me love and support.
- Everybody benefits when I practise deep, unconditional self-love.
- I am proud of how I show up for myself.
Frances M. Thompson
Find Frankie on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+.