This batch weren't the easiest positive affirmations to write, and I can't exactly put my finger on why. Possibly it's because we are now eight months into this and so yeah, I'm running out of brand new and original affirmations, but I also think it's because this month my kids were off school and childcare so I was incredibly time short. Speaking honestly, I was also a little affirmation-short, in that I wasn't really prioritising speaking positively to myself. And I have learnt the hard way that when I slow down these efforts, then that leaves more space for less positive and even negative thinking.
So, yes, while these positive affirmations for August were a little slow and sluggish coming to exist, I am personally very happy they do exist, and am grateful to be sharing them with you now. Remember, you don't need to relate or repeat every single one of these affirmations - not all of them will work for you - but I do urge you to try a good handful or two to see which ones speak to you most. When you find a positive affirmation or two that are working for you, repeat the, write them down somewhere, and keep returning to them whenever you need them.
Find all the affirmations I shared for January, February, March, April, May, June, and July via those links. And you can read some of my lists of positive affirmations for specific situations or moods, like these 100 daily positive affirmations here, 50 positive affirmations for depression, affirmations for anxiety, 100 healing affirmations, and why all writers should try affirmation. I also share near-daily affirmations on my Instagram pages: @asthebirdfliesblog & @writenowcards.
Daily Positive Affirmations for August
If you're new to affirmation, I urge you to read this post about how and why affirmation works. And if you'd like to have and share these positive affirmations for August on social media, you can find them all as individual images on my Ko-Fi page here.
Now, dive into these positive affirmations and enjoy finding the ones that work best for you. Happy positive thinking!
- Everyday I focus on releasing resistance and welcoming curiosity.
- I enjoy my own company as much as I enjoy the company of others.
- I fill my life with things and people I love.
- When I show myself love, I am nurturing inner peace.
- Good things are already on their way.
- I make changes based on what is important to me, not what isn't.
- Life is not a test. I am not being tested or appraised or rewarded.
- My only duty on this earth is to love. Love myself and love others.
- Joy doesn't work like a balance. I don't need to suffer in order to experience joy.
- I pursue my pleasure.
- I prioritise my passion.
- Everything is fleeting so I hold on to what matters and release what doesn't.
- I thank my body for all it carries for me and how far we have come together.
- I have faith in my future self.
- I have more than one purpose in life.
- I do not ration my joy.
- It's important that every day I find moments to pause and appreciate what I have.
- Bad days are a fact of life, not a sign that I am broken.
- Not reacting is sometimes more powerful than reacting.
- Grief is a necessary part of love and life.
- I do not underestimate my body and mind's abilities to heal and grow.
- I am comfortable with wanting what I want.
- I am what I am.
- I am magic.
- I can always turn to music, art and books for solace and comfort.
- Life is beautiful, even on the days I can't see it.
- Listening is love.
- I have enough time to do what really matters in life; love myself and others.
- Gratitude is the gateway to more joy in life.
- I am grateful for all I do for myself and those around me.
- The conversation I have with myself is the most important dialogue in my life.
And if you'd like to share these affirmations on Pinterest, here are some images you can pin and save.
Frances M. Thompson
Find Frankie on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Google+.